2018 NPC Bikini Division Rules and Scoring
Posted on January 01 2018
1. Bikini competitors must wear a two-piece suit. The bottoms cannot be a thong and the front cannot be too low. All styles of Angel Competition Bikinis are acceptable at NPC sponsored competitions. We factor in your height and glute measurement to ensure the front of your suit is the proper rise. The NPC advises competitors to bring 2 suits to check-in in the event that one of your suits is not acceptable. Because of our high quality connectors, and perfected fit, if you have an Angel Competition Bikini you do not need a back up. Our suits will NOT break. You may wish to bring a back up if you would like to have a second color option on your show day. Click here to view our current quick ship suits stock which ship the day after you order. Click the photo below for more details on our suit cuts.
2. Bikini competitors must wear high heels. The official NPC rules do not state that the heels must be clear, but most show promoters require this.
3. Bikini competitors may wear jewelry. We offer a complete competition jewelry set. Click the photo below to check it out.
4. If you are competing on the national stage, you are not allowed to cross over into another division at the same event. If you wish to cross over at a regional level competition, you will need to contact the show promoter to gain approval.
5. You must be a member of the NPC to compete. Click here http://npcnewsonline.com/join-the-npc/ to register.
Click here to look at our athlete gallery, full of NPC approved suits.
Individual Presentation Rules
Bikini competitors will walk onstage and perform their posing routine alone. Your posing routine should be 10 seconds or less and consist of:
1. Walk to the center of the stage.
2. Stop and hit your front pose.
3. Complete a full 180 degree turn to the back of the stage.
4. Hit your back pose and hold for a few seconds.
5. Compete another 180 turn to the front of the stage.
6. Option to present a signature "good-bye" which can be a wave or similar to the judges.
7.Proceed to the side of the stage under the direction of the stage usher.
Kara Corey Posing Practice: 6 Days out for NPC Bikini Competition
Click here to see her suit.
Comparison Round Rules
All bikini competitors in your class will be brought back on stage to be judged as a group. You will be directed by the head judge to perform your front pose and back pose. You may be required to perform your front and back pose multiple times and hold your back pose for 10+ seconds. This should be considered when you are practicing your posing. It can be very difficult for an untrained athlete to hold their best back pose longer than 10 seconds. There is no side judging allowed in the NPC Bikini division.
Bikini competitors are judged on the following:
1. Balance and Shape
2. Overall physical package brought to the stage including skin tone, poise, complexion, and overall presentation.
Karlee Garland is one of the most recent IFBB Bikini Pro card winners. She won her pro card at NPC Team Universe this year. Click here to see her suit. Notice her exquisite shape, balance, and symmetry. Click here to read Karlee's training tips.