The hardest part about being a bikini competitor can be to understand what the judges actually want to see in your physique.
Angel Competition Bikinis is here to help with what we think the NPC judges are looking for in 2019.
Please note that this blog reflects the opinions of Angel Competition Bikinis and is not associated the NPC. We can only make assumptions at what we think the judges are looking for by looking at historical data and trends.
Shop all of Angel Competition Bikinis Sponsored Athlete's suits HERE.
According to NPC News Online, these are the 7 things the judges look for when scoring the NPC bikini division.
1. A foundation of muscle which gives shape to the female body.
2. Condition - will vary depending on the division.
Shop Ashley's Angel Pro Multi Color suit HERE.
3. Symmetry and Balance.
4. Overall physical appearance including complexion, skin tone, poise, hair, tan and overall presentation.
5. Full round glutes with a slight separation between the hamstring and glute area.
Shop Mahsa's Hologram Red Suit HERE.
6. Small amount of roundness in the delts.
7. Conditioned Core.
Things Bikini Competitors should NOT have:
1. Muscular density seen in a figure physique.
2. Squared glutes.
3. Muscle separation seen in figure competitors.
5. Striations anywhere.
Your suit plays a huge part in your overall stage package. How?
1. A perfect fitting Angel Competition Bikini suit will accentuate your physique to its full potential. Read below to see how we accomplish this.
2. A confidence boosting Angel Competition Bikini suit will help you stand out and catch the judges eye. Read here to see how we accomplish this.
The photo below of Bikini Athlete Jodii Fox demonstrates how Angel Competition Bikinis showcase your physique the way we think the NPC Bikini judges want to see it.
Shop Jodii's Angel Competition Bikini HERE.
Another strategy to see what the judges are looking for is to look at recent winners on the national stage.
Both Ashley Kaltwasser and Jodii Fox took third at the Arnold Classic in NPC and IFBB. They are wonderful examples of what the judges look for. In absolutely stacked classes, they came out on top.
Ashley is the epitome of feminine physique. She is balanced, has a tight, conditioned core, and has so much poise on stage!
Jodii as well shows grace and confidence on stage. She has slightly rounded delts and fantastic glutes.
Both of these athletes are goals to strive for!
The last topic relating to what we think the NPC Judges are looking for is not new to 2019. This is your suit fabric color.
We think you should choose a fabric that compliments your skin tone, especially with your competition tan. A few of Angel Competition Bikinis favorite fabrics are: Hologram Emerald, Hologram Eggplant, and Hologram Dark Blue. Our Hologram Teal is becoming increasingly popular on the competition stage!
Shop Natalie's Hologram Teal Suit HERE.
Shop Hannah's Hologram Teal Suit HERE.
Shop Brooke's Hologram Teal Suit HERE.
We hope this blog helped clear up some of your questions about what the NPC judges are looking for in 2019. This blog reflects the opinions of Angel Competition Bikinis and is not associated with the NPC. We can only make assumptions at what we think the judges are looking for by looking at historical data and trends.
Good Luck and Happy Prep!
1. Manion, Jim. “Official NPC Bikini Rules.” NPC News Online, npcnewsonline.com/bikini-rules/.