NEW for 2020: NPC and IFBB Wellness Division
Everything you need to know about this new division
By Angel Competition Bikinis
Who is it for?
- Female athletes
- Physiques that have more body mass in the lower body in hips, glutes, and thigh areas.⁽¹⁾
- Physiques that have a developed upper body, but not to the same degree as the lower body.⁽¹⁾
- Could be a great fit for bikini athletes with very developed quads and lower body.
- Not for those that are holding on extra body fat in the lower half. Your lower body should be very developed, almost to the Women's Physique level of conditioning.⁽⁴⁾
This is the Angel Competition Bikinis Wellness Practice Suit. Click the photo to shop for your 2020 Wellness suit.
"I love the way the ACBikinis wellness bottom fits, it really helps accentuates my glutes, which to me gives the illusion of a small waist and maximum glutes. The cut and placement of the bottoms are very comfortable and seamless.
-Kat Williams, IFBB Pro
We created our wellness pattern by sending a sample size to athletes all over the world. We made changes based on their feedback and then sent samples again to perfect the cut. After over 100 opinions and meticulous adjustments, it is PERFECT. See all of our suit options here. You can buy our single piece bottom if you already have a bikini or figure suit you want matching Wellness Division bottoms for.
According to NPC News Online⁽¹⁾
- The same rules that are currently in place for all of the other NPC and IFBB divisions.
- Can be customized with "bling".
- Must be a two-piece suit.
- The suit top is not connected to the bottom.
- The suit top is the same standard as the bikini division top cut.
- The suit bottom must be V-shapes in the front and is traditionally made with all fabric and no connectors.
- The suit bottom sits high up on the hips.
- The suit bottom back is the same standard as the bikini division.
- Athletes are encouraged to bring 2 suits to check in.
For smaller shows with only 2 classes the height classes are:
- Class A – Up to 5’4”
- Class B – Over 5’4”
For medium sized shows with 3 classes the height classes are:
- Class A – Up to 5’4”
- Class B – Over 5’4” up to including 5’6”
- Over 5’6”
For large sized shows with 4 classes the height classes are:
- Up to and including 5’2”
- Class B – Over 5’2” up to including 5’4”
- Over 5’4” up to and including 5’6”
- Over 5’6”
There are 4 different poses for the NPC Wellnes Division; Front, Quarter Turn Right, Quarter Turn Rear, and another Quarter Turn Right.
You will face front with one hand on your hip, one arm straight down and one leg slightly extended.⁽¹⁾
This is similar to the bikini division front pose with the exception of your front leg flexed and slightly forward.
Quarter Turn Right
You will turn slightly facing the judges with your right hand on your hip and your left arm straight down. Your right leg will bend at your knee. ⁽¹⁾
This is similar to the twisted side pose that some bikini competitors perform.
Quarter Turn Rear
You will face the rear with your lower back arched and glutes pushed back.⁽¹⁾
This is very similar if not exactly the same as the bikini division back pose. Do not lean forward too much.
Quarter Turn Right
You will turn slightly facing the judges with your left hand on your hip and your right arm straight down. Your left leg will bend at your knee.⁽¹⁾
This is similar to the twisted side pose that some bikini competitors perform
Wellness vs. Bikini Division posing
Shown on Angel Competition Bikinis Sponsored Athlete Daraja Hill; one of the best Bikini posers in the world! She is a bikini competitor showing bikini poses. The red boxes indicate how the Wellness Division differs.
"We do not want to see the arm off to side with the elbow bent and the wrist bent upwards."
-NPC News Online
What coaches are saying
Angel Competition Bikinis may not share the opinions of all of the following videos; we are including them as resources as to help the athletes see the very opinionated and differing views from some of the top coaches in the world. Note: some videos contain harsh language and strong opinions. Watch at your own risk.
"If you have a bottom heavy lower body half with body fat, NO, this division is not for you. You should work on lowering that body fat and entering a division that makes sense for you. This is not an entry level physique."
-Adam Bonilla, Team Elite Physique Coach
Want to see our fabric and crystals in person?
Order a free Angel Design Package. Choose this fabric and crystals and up to 7 additional colors to view in person. 100% free, we pay shipping. No credit card required.Order Free Package
- Manion, J.M. “Wellness | NPC News Online.” NPC News Online, National Physique Committee, 2019, npcnewsonline.com/wellness/. Accessed 11 Dec. 2019.
- Milton, Ryan. “Official Npc Ifbb Wellness Rules Announced!!” YouTube, 16 July 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv_Et_qxAjo. Accessed 11 Dec. 2019.
- Revelia, Paul. “What Is The Wellness Division?” YouTube, 6 May 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGI_DveZgWw&t=131s. Accessed 11 Dec. 2019.
- Adam Bonilla
- Lobliner, Marc. “NPC Wellness Division - WTF?!” YouTube, 30 Aug. 2019, www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpyIpXJD4w. Accessed 13 Dec. 2019.
*Note: The NPC, NPC Worldwide and IFBB Professional League Have Not Authorized or Granted the license, authority or exclusivity to any competition suit company or designer to be their Official Suit Maker and to advertise their suits as an Official Cut or Approved Cut. There has never been an Official or Approved “Pro Cut Bikini” for Any Division! That term was erroneously created by suit makers.