The Struggle is Real
Posted on February 11 2017
1. “Normal” clothes don’t fit. You call a trip to the mall a success if you can find a pair of jeans without a 2-inch gap in the back. Just the word spandex brings a smile to your face. Our solution: leggings. Leggings. LEGGINGS. All of the leggings.
2. You despise the phrase, “you’re looking really skinny” (gasp!).
3. Yet, you secretly adore it because you know it means your cut is going well.
4. People are always confused when they see you in “normal” clothes. You need to take an extra trip to the mall to buy the perfect post-show outfit.
5. You are the president of the itty-bitty titty committee. 3 options: empty your savings account and get a boob job, push up bra (VS Bombshell Bra anyone?), or our favorite: OWN THEM GIRLS! “Traps are the new Tits” right? And if all else fails, you have a fabulous pair of gluteus medius, gluteus minimus, and gluteus maximus. Fortunately, all of our tops come with 2 sets of pads and extra room to add more, click here to see.
6. Your fist clenches when you hear “Don’t get too big”. You know they mean well, they think they are trying to “help” you….or are they just jealous?
7. So. Much. Food. You have to eat all the time. Muscle takes a lot of energy to feed which leaves you always hungry. Which can turn into hangry real quick.
8. Your palms are beautiful. Beautiful with those hard earned calluses and half-healed skin rips that your friends refer to as “mountain man hands”
9. Thigh adductor machine.
We're not even going to use a photo on this one.
10. Even with your headphones in at the gym, you still have to endure those awful bad pickup lines. “We should train together, I've heard it's good for bone density. And I don't just mean my skeleton.” “I heard that the missionary position helps men to work out the chest and triceps... do you wanna help me verify this?” Just. stop. now.
11.You are held at a high physique standard. Just because you’ve done a show or two, people assume you walk around with a ripped six pack 24/7. Your response to this? Donuts, and all the gains you are going to make.
12. You have to explain why you refer to Thursday as “Leg Day” and not “Thursday”.