NPC Bikini versus NPC Figure Division
Posted on October 28 2016
1. Overall muscle definition
Bikini competitors should have a modest amount of muscle with no striations.
Figure competitors should have a moderate amount of muscle with a small amount of striations.
2. Specific muscle definition
Bikini competitors focus on glutes and hamstrings with a small amount of shoulder muscle and vertical abdominal definition.
Figure competitors focus on a V taper with a wide lat spread, full delt muscles, and defined quads and glutes. Abdominal muscles can defined both horizontal and vertical (6 pack).
Bikini competitors posing is very personalized based on the athlete. Some athletes prefer a flirty and sassy routine, while others prefer a more conservative structured routine. Bikini competitor routines focus on keeping the glutes high and tight.
Figure competitor posing is structured and will be very similar for all athletes. Their routines focus on showing off their V taper and tiny waist.
1. Jorden Alyssa - photos by Ned Mataraso
2. Kristina Johnson - photos by Tyler Arts (right photos) and John Hawley (left photos)
3. NPC News Online. "Official NPC Bikini Rules." NPC News Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Oct. 2016.
4. NPC News Online. "Official NPC Figure Rules." NPC News Online. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Oct. 2016.